The PhD in Nursing will remain the accepted degree for nurse scientists. A PhD in nursing prepares nurse scientists who will GENERATE EVIDENCE to guide effective and safe nursing care. Whereas, a DNP degree prepares "practice" experts who will TRANSLATE EVIDENCE into practice across a variety of patient care settings.
1. Identify key concepts and brainstorm search terms
4. Choose the right resources or databases to search
2. Some elements are common limiters; you will not need to include these in your search phrase, but choose them from the side menu within the database, after your initial search is run
5. Use search tips or Help files in your chosen database to focus your searches
3. Build search strings using "AND," "OR," and, sometimes, "NOT"