Karen Dunnagan (COE) and Kristen Harris (COE) differentiate among analytic and holistic rubrics. The presenters discuss how they incorporated peer revision with co-constructed rubrics using a position paper in a semester long course.
Whether you teach on-ground or online, Robin Hinkle (MSBC), Donna Elkins (COMM), Jana Cason (OT), and Jeff Lederer (OT) discuss how to use Vidgrid for:
-Instructor welcome videos
-Weekly course overviews and summaries
-Student virtual presentation assignments
Michelle Reiss (SOB), Robin Hinkle (MSBC), Donna Elkins (COMM), and Jana Cason (OT) discuss:
• What instructors should prepare before an online course launches
• Expectations of the instructor during the course term (e.g., time, technology, extending asynchronous discussion, etc.)
• Importance of feedback to online students
Joe McCombs (EnTech), Pam King (SON), Becky Gesler (SON), and Chandra Irvin (CPSR) discuss:
• Lead time an organization needs before working with an instructor who wants to incorporate SL in his/her curriculum
• What makes a successful SL partnership?
• What is on the on-campus SL sites' wish list?
The QEP and Writing Center teams collaborate to focus on giving robust, intentional feedback to students on their writing, as well as techniques for meeting one-on-one with students about their in-process writing.
This session, conducted by Danny Lindsey, will cover how to record a PowerPoint or using one's webcam. Danny will discuss editing tools including cut sections, bookmark, and turning on closed captions. The presentation concludes with an illustration of file organization and finding VidGrid Help Center.